Secure FTP

An "examples" section would make a good addition to the scp man page.
If this were sent to the package author in the form of a patch to the
current man page sources, I'll bet he would be willing to add it.

	    - Jim Van Zandt

This command
scp gw:/etc/passwd /tmp
will copy the passwd file from my computer to the /tmp directory on my
computer.

You can, of course, copy from your computer to a remote one:
scp my-delights gw:/tmp

You can also use wildcards in the usually Linux manner:
scp gw:/var/ftp/pub/* /tmp

If ssh is configured to work without password prompts, then scp will too.