Partition sizes and curnel problems

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C23A52.BFE8A7A0

Hello all,
I've being trying to install Red hat.  I can get it to install when =
using the workstation option because it gives me the choice of =
automatically making the partitions.  When I try to use the custom =
instillation I don't have the option of automatically setting up the =
partitions.  I've assigned 31MBs for the mount point, 1024 Mbs for the =
swap space and the remainder of the ten GBs for the user partition.  The =
next screen asks me if I want to boot from the mount point or the boot =
record.  I choose the master boot record on hda1.  It gets to the =
formatting screen and gives me an error telling me that an error has =
occurred which is probably due to low free disc space.  If the full =
installation of Linux takes approximately three and a half gigs then why =
is it running out of space?  Could it be that its installing Linux on =
the rong partition?

Next question, I was able to install Linux by using the workstation =
option.  When I got to the bash prompt I tried to install the curnel.  I =
had about eight conflicts.  I obviously got the rong curnel.  Can =
someone tell me how I find out what curnel version I have?  I presume =
that I just download the version corresponding with the the version on =
my system?

Thanks=20

Darragh

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C23A52.BFE8A7A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've being trying to install Red =
hat.&nbsp; I can=20
get it to install when using the workstation option because it gives me =
the=20
choice of automatically making the partitions.&nbsp; When I try to use =
the=20
custom instillation I don't have the option of automatically setting up =
the=20
partitions.&nbsp; I've assigned 31MBs for the mount point, 1024 Mbs for =
the swap=20
space and the remainder of the ten GBs for the user partition.&nbsp; The =
next=20
screen asks me if I want to boot from the mount point or the boot =
record.&nbsp;=20
I choose the master boot record on hda1.&nbsp; It gets to the formatting =
screen=20
and gives me an error telling me that an error has occurred which is =
probably=20
due to low free disc space.&nbsp; If the full installation of Linux =
takes=20
approximately three and a half gigs then why is it running out of =
space?&nbsp;=20
Could it be that its installing Linux on the rong =
partition?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Next question, I was able to install =
Linux by using=20
the workstation option.&nbsp; When I got to the bash prompt I tried to =
install=20
the curnel.&nbsp; I had about eight conflicts.&nbsp; I obviously got the =
rong=20
curnel.&nbsp; Can someone tell me how I find out what curnel version I=20
have?&nbsp; I presume that I just download the version corresponding =
with the=20
the version on my system?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Darragh</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C23A52.BFE8A7A0--