In search of boot script names.

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on December 29, 2001, at 08:56]

>So now I think the problems were caused by the place in
>the botup sequence at which it was called.

You bet they were! Now that I've looked at the script you snet me, the problem
is obvioius. Have a look at the code just below where you start BRLTTY.

# Rerun ourselves through initlog
if [ -z "$IN_INITLOG" ]; then
 [ -f /sbin/initlog ] && exec /sbin/initlog $INITLOG_ARGS -r /etc/rc.sysinit
fi

The rc.sysinit script, if invoked directly, reruns itself so that it's under
the control of initlog. This will, of course, result in BRLTTY being started
twice. You can either move your starting of BRLTTY beneath this if statement,
or start it from inittab as documented in the manual. I'll add a note about
this problem to the manual. Thank you.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.