Vividata OCR Shop

Ron:

I'm not sure who among us is using this software, if any. I do recall some
discussions in the past about it. Perhaps searching the speakup list
archive might help.

Meanwhile, you should be aware that Kirk is in the early phase of
developing an ocr package called socrates which will use sane as its back
end. Also, the T.V. Raman announced ocr support in Emacspeak 15 also using
sane, though there doesn't seem to be any documentation other than the
source code itself for how to do ocr in Emacspeak.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp