cellular net access?

One very simple solution is to check if your laptop and cell
phone both have an IrDA port (infra-red communication). This
way, you can communicate back and forth between the two at
a very reasonable speed, by simply putting the two ports
close to each other (say 4/5 centimeters).

Most GSM cell phones that I know that have IrDA ports will
automatically put themselves into "external com" mode and
automatically become modems for a laptop if they receive
data through this port.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:51:44 -0600
Brent Harding <bharding@doorpi.net> wrote:

> Oh, one trouble even if I do use it with a laptop as well, what if I only
> have one serial port, the other is already used for my dectalk express, and
> my laptop's sound sucks, so I'd never use software speech. What would put
> the phone in to internet mode?

|   Gil Andre -- Technical Writer     |
|Knox Software: http://www.arkeia.com |
|     email: gandre@arkeia.com        |