radio and tv tuner cards

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 12:08:36AM -0600, Brent Harding wrote:
> Does it have AM radio? Is there a compatible card that does, or a software

No, just FM. Can't expect everything on one card. Radio, TV and whatever
else has to do with radio waves is difficult to design for PC with so much
noise inside a typical PC.

> controllable a/b switch so I can use a separate radio only card, and
> schedule switching as the beginning of record script? Like for sample
> #!/bin/sh
> switch a
> whatever program with arguments to do recording here

You would be better off if you buy a good scanner or a receiver that
covers wide range of frequencies with option for computer control over
RS-232 and setup recording with generic sound card.

--
Rafael