"from" line in outgoing mail: for John Boyer

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 02:19:20AM -0600, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Despite changing the customized-hdrs in Pine and trying the creation of an
> /etc/email-addresses, John's "from" line still says chpi@chpi.org; of
> course, chpi is his username but he wants the email to be from
> director@chpi.org without having to create a new user. He's reading the
> list, I'm sure, but can't send to you with his current address line as the
> list won't accept it. He says if windows could do it, there should be a
> way to do it in linux. He is using redhat os and sendmail and Pine.
> Any further suggestions?

The recent e-mails I see from him all say "director@chpi.org".  Could
you forward an example e-mail (with headers) that does not?

To do this with sendmail either requires the "-f" flag or using
the sendmail "generics" table.  Both of these generally require
root access, though.