Looking for a CD Player Application that Works.

Hello,

Sounds like your cd player application is trying to route the cd audio
through the mixer and sound card.  If you plug phones in there, what
happens?  In any case, if you'd rather have cd audio out the drive's
phones jack, perhaps your application can be 'told' you don't have an
audio mixer?

I use a cd player application called 'jac'.  When I installed it, it was
configured to use the stereo mixer for cd audio.  I don't have one.  To
fix this, I made a change in jac's config file.  Now I get sound out the
drive's jack.

I don't think the jac (that's j  a  c) program is available in any of the
package formats (like rpm or deb).  I got it from source forge, and
compiled.

--  Dave