Re: speech standard (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:49:09 +100
From: John Ramm <jramm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: speech standard

On 1999-03-12 blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx said:
   >Seems to me a rediculous arguement about installing.  Surely no one
   >on this list, no blind user anyway can disagree with the
   >desirability of being able to install the operating system on their
   >computer independantly?  What could possibly be wrong with that?
   >it is all about accessability and it is the main reason why I have
   >not yet installed LINUX yet.
   >Dale R. Leavens:  Cochrane Ontario

I couldn't agree more! Why should I have to shedule time with my
wife, or whoever, to install something on my computer? I'm not a
great fan of Windows, but at least jaws now speaks to you from
the moment you put the CD in the drive. It is absolutely not
necessary to get anyone to help you install Jaws.

Come on guys let's have a system that talks from as early on as
possible. It is still a source of irritation that I cannot access
the bios setup on my pc without sighted help, but at least when
things get going the operating system comes up talking.

John Ramm

Net-Tamer V 1.11 - Registered

---
Send your message for blinux-list to blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Blinux software archive at ftp://leb.net/pub/blinux
Blinux web page at http://leb.net/blinux