Re: [Cocci] New release after 1.0.7?

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, Luciano Coelho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a plan for a new release after 1.0.7? 1.0.7 was not tagged and
> no tarballs were released, so I'm not sure what is the status of it.
> Additionally, I've had problems compiling it, and bisected it to this
> commit:
>
> commit 7ab8f01b63d7cdec988e5f05065f3c18fdab7319 (refs/bisect/bad)
> Author:     Thierry Martinez <thierry.martinez@xxxxxxxx>
> AuthorDate: Wed Jun 20 15:46:18 2018 +0200
> Commit:     Thierry Martinez <thierry.martinez@xxxxxxxx>
> CommitDate: Wed Jun 20 15:46:18 2018 +0200
>
>     Allow bytecode compilation for pyml/generate
>
>     This change generalizes a patch submitted by
>       Christopher Zimmermann <chrisz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>     for allowing pyml/generate to be compiled by ocamlc if ocamlopt
>     is not available.
>
>     The rules are adapted from pyml-current/Makefile.
>
> Nevertheless, the compilation problem I had seems to be fixed in the
> latest master (commit 97695d059cd5).
>
> We (in the Linux backports project) have made a change to support the
> new attributes style[1], which was supposed to work with 1.0.6, but
> that seems to be broken too.
>
> We don't want to revert to using the pre-1.0.6 versions, so we are
> waiting for new release to choose for our project.  So, my question
> again, can we expect a new stable release any time soon?

Sorry, I'm not sure where 1.0.7 came from.  I think that the compilation
issues should not be resolved, although if someone still sees problems
with the github version please report them.  I'm surprised that the
attributes have degraded, since I don't recall a change with respect to
that recently.  Could you send a .c and .cocci file that shows the
problem?

I would indeed like to make a release now that the compiations issues are
resolved and things seem more stable.

julia