Re: Re: gentree fails at no such file compat/crypto-skcipher.c

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 11:28:48PM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 07:02:51AM +0200, Peter Huewe wrote:
> If you can
> export the functionality as modular then you are set, as you can then
> just carry it as a new generic module helper. We have some of these,
> refer to tons of functionality in the directory backport/compat/
> in that take note of the Makefile
>
> compat-$(CPTCFG_BPAUTO_BUILD_CRYPTO_CCM) += crypto-ccm.o
> compat-$(CPTCFG_BPAUTO_CRYPTO_SKCIPHER) += crypto-skcipher.o
>
> We copy over from upstream crypto-ccm and throw it in here to
> provide our own copy. Additionally there is also patch for
> it, see patches/backport-adjustments/crypto-ccm.patch
>
> So the BPAUTO stuff is one of the auto-things we have.

I forgot to refer you also to the c-file trick used to copy
code for this purpose refer to backport/compat/Kconfig:

config BPAUTO_BUILD_CRYPTO_CCM
        bool
        default n if CRYPTO_CCM
        default y if BPAUTO_CRYPTO_CCM
        #c-file crypto/ccm.c

That c-file entry means copy upstream's copy to compat/

  Luis