Re: Realtek RTL8192DU Driver and Android LOllipop

On 11/11/2015 05:32 AM, anjalik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

  Thanks for the quick response. The driver is working fine. I tested Open, WEP
mode and WPA2 is yet to be tested since iwpriv is not working as it is
deprecated. I would like to ask a query regarding the firmware

1.Which is the firmware to be used ,rtl8192dufw.bin or rtl8192dufw_wol.bin ?

I guess the firmware is rtl8192dufw.bin or do both the binaries together take
care of firmware functionalities.?

In the previous driver which I used,the firmware image was embedded one. Even
without using the above binaries , everything is working fine. Is it really
required to copy these binaries under system/lib/firmware path.?

I am using Dual Band USB 2.O Wi-Fi Adaptor with RTL8192DU chipset.

The "wol" part is for Wake On Lan. You need to configure the source specially to use that feature, which I have not tested. I expect that you only need rtl8192dufw.bin.

The firmware files came from the embedded data in the Realtek standard driver. When submitting a driver for inclusion in the kernel, having embedded firmware is frowned upon, thus the reason for extracting it. If you use the driver version after the firmware was removed, then you need the firmware in the standard path.

Larry