Re: CONFIG_WLAN getting disabled - copy-list usage

On 11/02/2015 01:36 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
FYI, if anyone's using backports with a copy-list file that restricts
the wifi drivers to their own, and is working against a recent tree
that includes the drivers/net/wireless/realtek/ move, then CONFIG_WLAN
will end up getting disabled.

To fix that for now modify your copy-list to include
drivers/net/wireless/realtek/Makefile (and that file only).

Once Kconfig changes go in and the Makefile statement

obj-$(CONFIG_WLAN) += realtek/

changes to

obj-$(CONFIG_WLAN_REALTEK) += realtek/

(or similar) this issue will go away.

Thanks. It worked for me. As Kalle intends to move more drivers into vendor subfolder, can we expect this will happen again. Can we fix up kconfig handling for this?

Regards,
Arend