Re: menuconfig

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 03:12:55PM -0800, Daniel Schultze wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> I'm trying to use backports for its updated Bluetooth drivers on
> Kernel 2.6.31. When I make menu config in LTIB the line for Bluetooth
> support does not appear, however when I make menuconfig for the host
> the line for Bluetooth appears,

I am unfamiliar with LTIB and its unclear what you mean by running
'in LTIB' and then 'for the host'. I take it LTIB lets you package
of kernel and by 'in LTIB' you mean for the target kernel /
architecture. By 'for the host' I take it you mean -- on the local
build machine, not the target kernel. If I deciphered your issue
then be sure to read this documentation:

https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Documentation#Cross_compiling

Also since you are using LTIB and if you succeed it seems worthwhile
if you can add an LTIB section to the documentation unless the existing
documentation already suffices, but it seems there is a section already
for LTIB:

https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Documentation#Cross_compile_with_Freescale.27s_LTIB

Please cross check against that.

> I'm using the same source archive from
> backports-3.13-rc2-1 and I also tried backports-3.11.8-1 with the same
> result. What should I check to make the Bluetooth line appear?

In general if you don't see the entry it means your target kernel's
configuration does not meet the requirements needed to enable the
backported driver / feature. Check its dependencies just as you
would for a normal kernel.

  Luis