cw1200 and older kernels (newbie question)

As part of the cw1200 mainlining effort, I stripped two chunks out of
the cw1200 driver that only had relevance relevance for older kernels:

1) Workaround for a hardware SDIO bug (needed for < 3.2)
   * Formal SDIO-level quirk mainlined in 3.2-rc
   * Absence results in device hang with 512-byte SDIO transfers.
2) Support for kernels < 2.6.36
   * Driver utilizes the new workqueue API introduced in 2.6.36, taking
     advantage of new semantics/features (WQ_HIGHPRI + WQ_CPU_INTENSIVE)
   * With older kernels we need a dedicated kthread

Backports has an implementation of the new workqueue API, but it is
expressed in terms of the old API, which is inadequate for the cw1200's
needs.

Perhaps it's a lack of sufficient sleep, but I haven't quite wrapped my
head around how the bakports stuff is put together; it's radically
different that compat-wireless, which had nice orderly patch
directories.  :)

Any advice on how I should proceed here?  I want to do this the
RightWay, but I don't know what that is yet -- Should I just
add these two patches to the backports tree under patches/unified-drivers?

(The code chunks in question are wrapped with LINUX_VERSION_CODE tests,
 so they function fine on newer kernels)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^