Re: compat-drivers wishlist

On Thu, 2013-03-28 at 23:54 +0100, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:

> > Ah, what's that for? Refreshing patches? I've never seen dependencies in
> > the compat patches so mostly I refresh manually, but yeah, the refresh
> > part is something I'd have to think about. Though, to be honest, when
> > you can just blow away your output directory and try again I'm not too
> > worried about this. Trying to apply the patches could just leave it in
> > the state you're in, and then you modify them until it works?
>
> Refreshing patches should not be a problem. Normally I use
> "./scripts/admin-refresh.sh -n -p -c -u refresh" to refresh the patches
> and this should work with some minor changes with the proposal you made.

Ok. I have no idea what that does, since most of the time my
"refreshing" isn't really refreshing but making them apply again, and I
do that manually.

> > Basically I'm saying the .config file only exists on the target build
> > system, while the selective copying/pruning needs to be done on the
> > tarball creation system.
>
> How do you want to make the tar generation being configurable? The build
> time Kconfig options should be generated from the Kconfig files provided
> by the kernel and not by some own files.

Right, the build time Kconfig should just be copied as other source
files.

> I think some manual edited config file with the directories or files to
> be included sounds good. This function would not be used by the normal
> user so that should be good enough.

Indeed, that's what I was thinking. Sorry for not making that clear.

johannes