Compiling only one driver

Hello guys,

First of all I am going to introduce myself. I am Felipe López and I
am trying to cross-compile the ath9k_htc driver for a ar9271 chipset.
I bought a usb stick (specifically, the TP-LINK TL-WN722N) to build a
small web server using the following board: Eddy v2.5

I have it working in a PC (Ubuntu 11.04). Now I want to do the same
for a embedded Linux (kernel 2.6.21) wich is the one that the Eddy's
board comes with. The problem is that I can not figure out how to edit
the makefile to cross-compile the driver for the embedded linux. I
have another wifi dongle for that board but it can not be put in AP
mode, so I tried with this one but I didn't succeed yet. Can anybody
help me? I think that I only need to know how to isolate the ath9k
driver from the others and cross-compile only this one.

Thanks in advance.