Re: agl-compositor + popen

Hi Joel,

The activation is split into two distinct processes/phases:

- start-up and activate
- switching application

For the first part, the agl-shell client registers an event handler
which the compositor sends whenever an new application starts. When that
event comes in, it has the application id and with it, a certain state.

It is then when the agl-shell client activates the application. This
used to be handled implicitly by the compositor, but it is handled explicitly
now. If the application doesn't have an application id, we can't
activate it.

For the second part, this is trigged by input user events, is similar to the
first one, it is merely an activation request.

This has the effect that whenever a new application starts it it will be
automatically activated by the shell client. If you don't see zenity
displayed from the beginning I speculate that maybe it doesn't have an
application id set-up. By modifying the [core] section and change
`activate-by-default=false` to `true` would instruct the compositor to
always map/display the application starting up.

Switching applications can also be done programmatically using gRPC
interface -- we have a simple application called agl-shell-activator (see -h)
that uses that under hood, assuming you know the application id.

The application id is taken from https://wayland.app/protocols/xdg-shell#xdg_toplevel:request:set_app_id

Fyi, this is not specific to flutter-auto, so if zenity doesn't show up
on flutter-auto it won't on other platforms either. If the section ini
doesn't work, let me know so I can take a look.