Re: AGL compositor feedback and feature request for comments

Hi Marius,

my 2c worth

- support for hybrid cases like CarPlay or Android Auto
Absolutely we're already building for CarPlay using flutter so this would be very warmly welcomed.
As for Android - Auto/Automotive we would not build on our own dime as it doesn't support Carplay
On a side note I regularly get questionnaires from Android and Flutter dev teams and I fill it out just to reiterate my perspective on autos
(Android) - Would you consider building automotive apps using Android Auto/Automotive
No  android native is not cross platform
(Android) Kotlin is cross platform. Would you consider swapping to kotlin
No, why would I when there are other good cross platform products including your own "flutter"

(Flutter) - If there were 3 things you'd like the flutter team to consider what they would be,
extend Flutter for Auto/Automotive
extend Flutter for Auto/Automotive
extend flutter for Auto/Automotive
3 1/2 - Provide a solution for the “1P Linux GTK Plugins” issue

As soon as you "open the CarPlay and Automotive door", you're inviting the App and Play stores; this changes the dynamics forever.
As an app developer I welcome this as it takes a lot of worry off my shoulders as they manage rollout / distribution of my app completely - I just ensure I'm building to whatever new mobile app policy requirements they and OEMS come up with "that which constitutes a well architected and secure auto app".
But for apps like mine that hope to monitise based solely upon what the IC / Dashboard is relaying back from the vehicle, who is my master?

yes to following
- arbitrary positioning and z-order of windows/applications
- some kind of panel expansion happening automatically if they do
  not match the entire width
- animations for the panels; presumably user-controllable
- support multiple-touch gestures for panels (3 finger swipe)