Re: PED Directions and Call

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 12:42 AM Scott Murray <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2022, Bernard wrote:

> Hi AGL
>
> As per attached ped linux & chrome screenshot on the top right we have
> options for map Directions and making a Call
>
> For Directions - on android and iOS ped assumes Google Maps / Apple Maps /
> Waze are installed on the device, within Android Auto and Apple car play
> it's available via native app on Android Mobile and iOS, but what to do for
> AGL
> Will Yocto/AGL support Google Maps? or are we restricted to the open-source
> maps and if so which is best supported/recommended?

AFAIK the consensus has been that mapping solution is a downstream
choice,there was never any significant member interest in doing anything
upstream that I'm aware of.  For anything intended to go into the AGL
source tree as a demo we have settled on a requirement that a
license-free provider like OpenStreetMaps be the default.  Having the
ability to enable using something else non-free like MapBox or the like
with some extra configuration is fine, that's currently what the Qt demo
navigation apps do (a MapBox key can be placed in the configuration file).

[Bern] thank you I'll commence with OpenStreetMaps.
I also noticed on the AGL website here (maps) under bronze members, are they still current ? Even if not do we have contact with them, I'd like to reach out?

> For Calling - Will IVI support this feature if so how ?

The rough plan at the moment is that a replacement for the previous
agl-service-telephony binding will be built at some point to enable demos,
but it's not an immediate concern with all the other work underway to
switch to Flutter.  Once the base components for a Flutter based demo with
homescreen, mediaplayer, settings, and navigation are in hand, looking at
Flutter versions of the previous Qt phone and messaging demos will be
more interesting.  At this point, I'm guessing a timeframe for that would
be the mid-2023 AGL release.

[Bern] fair enough - i'm nowhere near ready anyway, so mid-2023 is fine by me

please advise - best regards

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10123) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_