Re: missing sshd from image

Yep I figured it out.  It was just a matter of adding:

    IMAGE_INSTALL:append = "\
         openssh \
    "

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 12:25 PM Scott Murray <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022, Joel Winarske wrote:

> Okay that gets it into the image, now I just need it to auto-run.  Seems
> like there would be a package group for this.
>
> root@qemux86-64:~# which sshd
> /usr/sbin/sshd
> root@qemux86-64:~# systemctl start sshd
> Failed to start sshd.service: Unit sshd.service not found.
> root@qemux86-64:~# systemctl start ssh
> Failed to start ssh.service: Unit ssh.service not found.
> root@qemux86-64:~#
>
> Scott/Jan-Simon?

The systemd setup for OpenSSH in Yocto uses socket activation, so it
should get auto-started on the first connection attempt.  The actual
unit file is sshd@.service, there has not been an alternative always on
sshd.service shippped in Yocto for quite a while now.

Scott

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10088) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_