Re: Reg. Agl-compositor setup

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 07:06:36PM +0530, uday kiran pichika wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
> Thanks for your quick response. As you mentioned, i have used below section
> as part of my earlier attached weston.ini file.
>
> [shell-client]
> command=/home/amd/setup/install/libexec/weston-ivi-shell-user-interface
>
> But it failed in creating the IVI_surface. The coredump is pasted here.
> #0  wl_proxy_get_version (proxy=0x0) at ../src/wayland-client.c:2212
> 2212            return proxy->version;
> (gdb) bt
> #0  wl_proxy_get_version (proxy=0x0) at ../src/wayland-client.c:2212
> #1  0x000055555555ac5a in ivi_application_surface_create
> (ivi_application=0x0, ivi_id=1001, surface=0x555555578890) at
> protocol/ivi-application-client-protocol.h:245
> #2  0x000055555555c0b3 in create_ivisurface (p_wlCtx=0x555555579010,
> id_surface=1001, surface=0x5555555771c0) at
> ../clients/ivi-shell-user-interface.c:922
>
> Am afraid to say that if you have shared your config earlier it has been
> replaced with signature.asc.
I haven't shared anything, it was just that entry.

> My doubt is that, can i use the ivi shell libraries generated when weston
> is compiling ? or should i use the ivi shell from this repo
> https://github.com/COVESA/wayland-ivi-extension ?
No. You need a client that implements the client side of the agl-shell
protocol [1]. For that we have a few demo clients, depending on the
platform. For Qt, that's homescreen, for HTML5, that's bundled with
chromium, and you can use WAM for running html5 apps, while for flutter,
that's in the embedder. There's also GTK client for it, if you'd like.

You should be able to pull these in, separately, build and run them
locally like you did you the compositor (although with some of these
it's quite a hassle to do it on a desktop).

Alternatively, w/ yocto/OE, for Qt build agl-demo-platform image,
for chromium use agl-demo-platform-html5 image, while for
flutter you should be able to build and run agl-image-flutter.

The compositor in AGL doesn't implement any of the IVI protocol specs,
but instead relies on xdg-shell.

> Is there any IRC Channel available to discuss ?
Sure, #automotive, on irc.libera.chat.

[1] https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=src/agl-compositor.git;a=blob_plain;f=protocol/agl-shell.xml;hb=refs/heads/master