Re: AGL Flutter IVI build failure

Agreed it's got anything to do with either  AGL, Flutter (engine) or Gallery proper they all work fine independently, it's either a  gallery recipe typo or something new in kirkstone that's tripping up the recipe.

No worries at all I can wait , over the weekend I'll try html5.

Also quick question if I may, after a repo sync
how do I list using git or repo any recipe changes?

regards

On Fri, 6 May 2022, 19:16 Marius Vlad, <marius.vlad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 12:33:09PM +1000, Bernard wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> First off i'd like to say moving forward i'm happy to do our user
> acceptance testing (UAT) for IVI help me improve my understanding of how
> AGL builds, also HTML5 as I want to compare it against flutter/web
> Last time i did an IVI build back in early Feb when Flutter Gallery was 1st
> released, build was fine but lengthy and image deploy worked although
> hideously slow,
>
> Scott, Marius, Date San
> During last week's IVI-EG Scott informed me master branch had been bumped
> to Kirkstone SPEC-4343 <https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-4343>,
> so thought i'd synch up and give it a whirl so kicked off a build over the
> weekend,
> however as follows: gallery failed compilation trying to download gradle
> wrapper which  seems reasonable as you may know flutter uses gradle  to
> build android, and Gallery supports android, linux, macos, windows and web
> but why would you attempt to download from Google Storage APIs seems odd. I
> manually curled and opened the specified gradle wrapper. It's referencing
> 2.14.1 which is *ancient*, so I directly checked Gallery they're running
> 6.7.
flutter SDK downloads graddle among other things, so there's probably not
much we can do about that.

> Of course this failure could still be mine but don't know how?, I also
> don't know anything about anything concerning bitbake but flutter gallery
> flutter-sdk_git.bb and conf/include/flutter-version.inc may need some small
> review, i'll leave with you until i hear back.
I've tried with 2.10.3, 2.10.4 and 2.10.5, but also with the beta 2.13.
None of them seem to be working, though I had success building a flutter
image before the kirkstone integration, and able to run the gallery on
qemu platform albeit with some local hacks, some of them already been
integrated recently [1], but some work is still necessary to bring up
the gallery at this point.

Building locally the engine + downloading master sdk and use it them to
build the master version of the gallery also works. I kind of bypassed the
graddle issue by using devshell, but it's tedious, requiring some
further fiddling.

Fyi, the gallery recipe is in external/meta-flutter so no sure if this
really related to AGL at this point. /cc'ed Scott, Joel maybe they have
more on this matter.

[1] https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/c/AGL/meta-agl-devel/+/27391

> [...]
> NOTE: recipe qemu-system-native-6.2.0-r0: task do_configure: Succeeded
> NOTE: recipe clang-14.0.1-r0: task do_package: Succeeded
> NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5245 tasks of which 5233 didn't need to be
> rerun and 1 failed.

> do_compile
>
> craddock@osrservervm01:~/AGL/master/qemux86-64/tmp/work/corei7-64-agl-linux/flutter-gallery-release/git-r0/temp$
> cat log.do_compile.2582538
> DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
> Downloading Gradle Wrapper...                                      150ms
> Downloading Gradle Wrapper...                                        4ms
> Failed to download
> https://storage.googleapis.com/flutter_infra_release/gradle-wrapper/fd5c1f2c013565a3bea56ada6df9d2b8e96d56aa/gradle-wrapper.tgz.
> Ensure you have network connectivity and then try again.
> SocketException: Failed host lookup: 'storage.googleapis.com' (OS Error:
> Temporary failure in name resolution, errno = -3)
> WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
>

> bcraddock@osrservervm01:/tmp/agl$ curl -o gradle-wrapper.tgz
> https://storage.googleapis.com/flutter_infra_release/gradle-wrapper/fd5c1f2c013565a3bea56ada6df9d2b8e96d56aa/gradle-wrapper.tgz
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>  Speed
> 100 55913  100 55913    0     0   305k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
>  306k
>
> bcraddock@osrservervm01:/tmp/agl$  cat gradle-wrapper.properties
> distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
> distributionPath=wrapper/dists
> zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
> zipStorePath=wrapper/dists
> *distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.14.1-all.zip
> <http://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.14.1-all.zip> *
>
> flutter gallery gradle wrapper properties 6.7
> distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
> distributionPath=wrapper/dists
> zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
> zipStorePath=wrapper/dists
> *distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.7-all.zip
> <http://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.7-all.zip>*
>

> meta-flutter updates Deprecate FLUTTER_CHANNEL in favor of FLUTTER_SDK_TAG
> Remove need for TARGET_GCC_VERSION and FLUTTER_CLANG_VERSION variables
> Enable building for private engine branches vk-flutter-engine recipes
> (temporary till Vulkan PR is merged to master) ivi-homescreen package
> parameters for setting EGL GLES 2/3, EGL Context version, EGL Transparency
> flag. separate package for flutter engine_sdk. Allows optional install to
> target image default FLUTTER_CHANNEL = "stable", opposed to "beta".
> FLUTTER_APPLICATION_PATH variable to support monolithic flutter app repos.
> Allows setting project path from base repo. FLUTTER_EXTRA_BUILD_ARGS to
> pass parameters to 'flutter build bundle'. Add build dependency libxbcommon

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9800) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_