Re: App development with GUI and Icon

On 3/31/22 12:45 PM, abugaber202@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello everyone,
Hi,

> I am a noob to this, I was trying to create GUI with icon in the system so I directly went to the gitlab and start compiling
>
> Just out of curiosity I downloaded this app
> https://gitlab.com/automotivegradelinux/apps/videoplayer
> compiled it and installed it on AGL 12,0,1 using afm-util command
>
> the icon is there but the app not working

I'm not familiar with it, but we need more than just not working. What
exactly does not work? I suppose no one really uses it, or no longer
uses it, as that makes use of Qt for playback.

For a video like application we've been using camera-gstreamer:
https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=apps/camera-gstreamer.git;a=summary

but this demo shows more how to show-up a
video stream being displayed using gstreamer pipeline, rather than
having a real video player. The closest and
functional player is the mediaplayer (which only supports audio).

Also note that probably the gitlab instances are not longer updated. The
official repositories are using gerrit.

> can someone provide me with a guideline or documentation link regarding GUI development in AGL.

Well, apart from some specific use-cases, you should be able to use
whatever the toolkit provides. We have two platforms at the moment, Qt
and chromium (so web apps). Of course you can use other toolkits that
support wayland underneath (like SDL), but you'll have to build it
yourself. So the best route would be to familiarize yourself to the
toolkit and its documentation. You can even do it at at more lower level
using straight wayland client.

Building a prototype locally might be much easier, and faster, in the
beginning. After that you can use the SDK [1] to create, build and
transfer it [2] to your target.

Alternatively you create a simple recipe based on the demos. We're
following yocto/OE and documentation related to that applies.

[1]
https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/lamprey/#3_Developer_Guides/1_Setting_Up_AGL_SDK/

[2]
https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/lamprey/#3_Developer_Guides/3_Creating_a_New_Application/