Re: Application is not maximizing from QML API calls in AGL FW

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 05:48:19PM +0530, sarath chandu wrote:
> Hi Marius,
> I'm trying to run a custom application in agl framework and the application
> should maximize or minimise depending up on the condition in the
> application.The homescreen application seems not interacting with the app
> minimize or maximize qml API calls and throwing qt wayland error.Is there
> anyway to make this happen and hoping to hear soon.
Hi sarath,

Switching from one application to another will effectively bring
the newly switched application on top of the older one, effectively
minimizing it.

Activate/deactivate requests from agl-shell-desktop protocol [1]
provides a way to minimize an application, but you'll need to
implement that yourself.

The only application that hide itself explicitly is the alexa-viewer
application [2], being in the same time a free-floating window (just
mentioning that in case that might another use-case).

These are private extensions specific to AGL so you'll not find them
into Qt/Qml although there's a SPEC [3], wrote to deal with that. In case you'd
be interested into contributing that would be a great way of doing it,
as you clearly have a use-case for it.

Alternatively, maybe another way is to provide/write some examples and
add them to the documentation examples at [4], so others with the same
needs can find them directly.  It is easy to contribute and I can help
if you find it intimidating.

PS: I've CC'ed ML in case others have your question. I hope you don't
mind.

Hope this helps!

[1] https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=src/agl-compositor.git;a=blob;f=protocol/agl-shell-desktop.xml;h=b90cc1d7b097119a280a35c50e1cdd41d9b0d604;hb=refs/heads/master#l116
[2] https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=apps/alexa-viewer.git;a=blob;f=app/main.cpp;h=37518620f1bd6be7ecdcec5c5df37e84d2ca63af;hb=refs/heads/master#l172