Re: agl-compositor & command-line gstreamer pipes

I just want to check out If it is really an issue or not, If It is, I would prefer to make a Jira ticket for It and follow the details there.
But for now, I would say:

- How did you try it out?

I run a rudimentary video test pipe (local, not remote one) like this: "gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! glimagesink" or with the waylandsink, the result is the same.

- Did it worked on previous version? With koi/jellyfish?

The pipes were working with agl-compositor '0.0.18', they stop working with '0.0.19' ... As we checked ... I didn't check the result for every commit between 0.0.18 first commit and 0.0.19 last, but If I have to, I will do it.
- Are you using a qemu/vbox for the transmitter? I know that DMA buf with virtual environment doesn't really work. The client could be virtualized but the transmitter needs to be real HW to able to do DMA buf.
 First I tested the current master on a custom board with imx6 SoC then I did the same for the qemu-x86_64 prebuild binary with QEMU Itself (I didn't test VMDK image, with VBox yet), the result were same, of course with little different outputs on agl-compositor & gstreamer logs.
Could you attach journals from the receiver and transmitter? Are there any errors there? What about the compositor log? Do you seen any errors in the log?
 I get some logs from journal, agl-compositor and gstreamer but If you confirm the issue I will make Jira ticket, here is no suitable place to put such logs and trace the issue of course.

I am pretty sure It is about the agl-compositor version '0.0.19' because when I replace the agl-compositor binary with the older one ('0.0.18'), It starts to work! ... Just as always in such situations, I was doubtful that It is a bug or a feature :)
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9324) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_