Re: Html5 and QT applications on koi #help #agl-compositor #koi

On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 02:55:24AM -0700, fabrizio.didomenico@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Marius,
> thanks for your feedbacks.
>
> So if i understand well, there is no way to run Web apps on top of a
> Qt Image (indeed homescreen implementation using Qt) like it was on
> icefish, or i am missing somethings else?
There is, just not the client shell (homescreen for Qt).

> > On the same topic, there's nothing stopping running any other regular
> > clients.
> >

> What do you mean for regular clients?  If i will not use WAM (but just
> homescreen in Qt) and if i will have a web-runtime
> installed on the image, is it possible for both a generic Qt or Web
> app to be displayed and executed ?
Any other client than is not the client shell (homecreen or WAM). A
client shell is the client that implements a private extension to
specify how we place and order "windows".

> > Choose one of them at a time (notice that AppFW would attempt to startthem
> > by default -- you could tweak config.xml to avoid that) and you should be
> > fine, though I'm that sure you have a way to switch between apps,when
> > combing platforms (you'll be missing buttons/launcher that performs the
> > switch).
>
> So for my understanding this means that i'm need to install both Qt
> Homescreen and WAM, then just one of them must be activated at runtime
> based on the application type that needs to be executed. Is this
> correct?
I mean, you don't need to, you seem to be wanting to have both HTML5 and
Qt, which is fine. I think you might need to read [1], to understand
the role of the client shell and the private extension we have in AGL.

You can have both of the installed, but not running at the time.

> In this case do i need to have two homescreens, one in html
> and one in qt in order to perform the switch using the launcher or
> some other buttons on screen?  Moreover, is the config.xml referred to
> the generic apps or to the homescreens ?
No, what I meant is that probably you'll need to amend either homescreen or WAM
such that you have a way to switch between different applications (and
most likely to start them).

For instance, you can have homescreen and start a browser instance (by
this I mean chromium but maybe any other html5 app). If
the browser is installed like a widget it will automatically show up in the
launcher application, and with it you can start it, and, at some later
point in time, to switch to it.

On the HTML5 side of things, you can have WAM as the client shell, and
still use Qt applcations.  Where and how you start the Qt applications,
interactively using WAM is at this point an unknown to me, as I don't
believe we have something similar to what the launcher application does
now on the Qt platform.

[1] https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/master/#5_Component_Documentation/1_agl-compositor/#private-extensions