Collabora weekly progress w/e 18th April 2021

Hi All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora have made last week on Weston/Wayland and Pipewire.

Weston / Wayland

Marius:
 - SPEC-3880 (Basic testing for agl-compositor). Looked into weston's CI and testing harness. Split the work into different domains like: headless back-end loading (SPEC-3887), loading additional modules over command line (SPEC-3888), re-do the compositor instancing (as tests need to be able to start the compositor on their own  - SPEC-3889). Most of the work of adding the infrastructure will be added into SPEC-3890, which basically contains the compositor fixtures, runner client,  and helper functions (like screenshoting the current output). For now I'll keep SPEC-3880, for the test themselves. Currently I'm adding helpers for instancing a client shell, as that will automate things for other tests. Apart from that, the server side of the protocol (the one that actually starts the test), is implemented as a plug-in and not instalable in current form. With it there's a  private interface and I'll need to find out if there's some consensus on keeping that private and make the runner (interface) one public.

Pipewire / WirePlumber

Raghavendra:
 - Explored geany project and implemented changes to build gtk documentation from the XML files generated by Doxygen

IC Sound Manager

George:
 - Customized and improved the endpoints-based policy for use on AGL
 - Ported agl-service-audiomixer again to work with the new endpoints design and make use of the new WirePlumber mixer module
 - Adjusted pipewire recipes once more to reflect the latest changes upstream
 - Built a new IVI image and tested all demo features related to audio

Julian:
- Nothing to report this week

Kind regards,

Nick
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9140) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_