Re: Connecting to agl-telematics-demo-paltform #automotive #help

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020, Vele Tosevski wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I have installed the agl-telematics-demo-platform image for Jellyfish
> on Raspberrypi3. I am having trouble connecting it to a network source
> to ssh into the system. I was wondering if there is a way for me to
> manually enable the WIFI and connect to my work network using the sdcard
> and accessing the filesystem that way? Is there a different way to start
> a terminal on the system? The Rpi3A+ does not have an ethernet port
> unfortunately.

You'll need to hook up to the serial consolet and configure a WiFi
connection manually with connmanctl in that instance.  I have done that a
couple of times to run the demo at conferences.  The telematics demo is
pretty bare bones, I assumed it would either be used with ethernet when
testing or a USB attached WAN modem when doing demos.  In the kind of
headless product it simulates, there would not usually be WiFi support;
if there was it would require a configuration mechanism (e.g. run as an
AP out of the box to host a configuration web page).

Scott