Re: [agl-dev-community] AGL 10.0.0 with Raspberry Pi4 1020x600 display issue

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 09:36:20AM -0800, Stefan Gudmundsson wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> AGL 9.0.0 works well with a Raspberry Pi4 HDMI touchscreen with resolution
> of 1024x600.
>
> But in 10.0.0, the display appears up scaled many times, you only see upper
> quadrants of images and HMI is at least 4x too large, including text etc. A
> regular HDMI monitor works, as does a HD TV.
>

> I have tried setting mode in wayland.ini, but that does nothing.
There's no wayland.ini configuration file.

> Considering it worked in 9, something changed/broke to 10.
>

> Any ideas? Where can I find adjustments to screen resolution?
Long story short is that you need a 1080 resolution for your display to
work with the demos.

> Will it only honor "standard" resolutions?
It will honor whatever resolution you use in your weston.ini file, but
the applications are expecting a 1920x1080 resolution. With the lastest
release (10) a 1080 (HD) display will be needed to work out-of-the box.
Any other resolutions will need modification to the demos.

Previously this was possible by letting the toolkit handle that, so
there's nothing in the way of doing the same thing, as a work-around
(and you can find examples from previous versions on how to do that).
Either way, by using adjusting the applications to handle multiple
resolutions, or by using the toolkit to perform the upscale/downscale
for you, you'll need to operate modifications for every application.