[agl-dev-community] GSOC Final Report #gsoc

A short description of what work was done:
I started with working on the meta-jailhouse layer to port the jailhouse module to AGL, I was able to develop it enough to get jailhouse loaded on my rpi4 but
my layer wasnt really organized and I didnt have much knowledge on how to improve the layer further . Jakub Luzny had also created a meta jailhouse layer which was way more organized and dynamic, so went on to develop over his layer.
I then worked on Qemu , qemux86-64 to be exact , developing  a script that would configure the QB (qemu boot) variable to be able to virtualize a machine that could pass jailhouse hardware check and enable jailhouse further.
Later I worked on configuring the cells (which are actually .c files which are then converted to .cell file during the build) of the jailhouse , so that they work wrt the qemux86-64, this is where I finally got to play around with hexadecimal values and the memory configurations , which gave me an in depth knowledge of how jailhouse works.

Final Gsoc Tarball : https://github.com/d80ep08th/GSOC-final-tarball
Blog: https://d80ep08th.github.io/Port-Jailhouse-to-AGL/index.html
Code that got merged: https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/c/AGL/meta-agl-devel/+/25149
Code that didn't get merged : https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/c/AGL/meta-agl-devel/+/25162
What's left to do. : I need to configure on more cells to adapt them to the jailhouse-agl-qemux86-64 environment

-Parth Dode
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8615) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #gsoc

_._,_._,_