[agl-dev-community] Testing cycle for Jellyfish RC2

Hello everyone,

you can find the results from the testing cycle for 9.99.2 tag here:

https://jira.automotivelinux.org/secure/enav/#?query=project%20%3D%20%22SPEC%22%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Jellyfish%209.99.2%22%20AND%20cycleName%20in%20(%2220200728%20-%20AGL%20Demo%20UI%20-%20Base%20Plan%22)

Overall summary: unstable

Bluetooth*, ethernet and wifi are working.

Navigation, mixer messaging, contacts recents are working.

Observed issues:

I am hesitant to say/open a jira issue that m3ulcb has a problem with bluetooth audio - in order to get bluetooth audio playing on m3 - I had to restart bluetooth, bluealsa-gst-helper and agl-service-bluetooth, but this may be caused by the connman/agl-service-network race;

h3 also has shown issues with mediaplayer and metadata but appeared to be more stable.

Along with the regular pipewire warnings and errors mediaplayer segfaulted a couple of times on m3.

RPi4 also had similar symptoms regarding bluetooth, although it is known to have a peculiar behavior.

The issues related to mediaplayer do not have clear reproducibility pattern and happen often but intermittently.

Pipewire on RPi4 generates a massive logging journal (20MB in ~ 5 minutes) due to a lot of errors.

Known issues:

SPEC-3509 - agl-service-network failing to start properly

I said yesterday on the call that I didn't see it happening on h3 - systemd apparently restarts the service on failure and according to the journal there are immediate no error logs after the restart.

New issues:

SPEC-3518 - agl-compositor exits prematurely on upsquared

Upsquared booted properly the first time, however I usually need to switch the pipewire output sink to test audio, it refused to show GUI after that.

Minnowboard boots exactly the same image without issues related to the compositor.

Best regards,
Eddie

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8553) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic