Re: [agl-dev-community] MQTT in agl

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020, David Khouya wrote:

> Thanks for the fast feedback!
>
> I'll look into that! Also in the road map is there any generic
> connectivity service that will be develop into AGL or it will always
> stay as an application that the customer need to include in its distro?

So far the V2C EG hasn't pushed things into that direction, but one could
imagine wrapping something like MQTT in an AGL binder to create an API.
The biggest issue with that is there are many cloud APIs, so either a
common API needs to be quite abstract to allow sitting on top of the
different backends, or a separate API is needed for each, which doesn't
seem sustainable IMO.  I believe one of the goals of the AECC (aecc.org)
is to try to create some standards in this area, but that's a relatively
new initiative and it'll likely take a while.

Scott