[agl-dev-community] Questions about CAN implementation

Hi all,

I worked on AGL since last january with the objective of creating a little demonstration which shows what is possible with the base code of AGL. More precisely, I will develop an application (I still don't know what exactly) which will use the CAN bus.

I've read the documentation about the "AGL Service CAN Low Level" module, the "High Level VIWI Service" module and the "AGL Service Signal Composer" module but I don't really understand the philosophy of the implementation and the use of these modules, so those are my questions :

- What is the real philosophy about the CAN ? Use the "AGL Service CAN Low Level" standalone or couple it with a "High Level" module (like the "Signal Composer" or the "High Level VIWI Service") ?

- In the documentation of the "High Level VIWI service" there is a schematic which illustrates that "AGL Service Low Level" and "High Level VIWI Service" communicate directly whereas the first schematic of the "AGL Service Signal Composer" documentation shows that the "Signal Composer" can be placed between the "AGL Service Low Level" and the "High Level VIWI Service". There is one approach to encourage ?

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste Pons

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8143) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic