[agl-dev-community] AGL Calendar moving to Groups.io

Last week we noticed that while new events work correctly with the new mail list, calendar updates submitted to the AGL google calendar do not get sent to the groups.io mail list.  We conducted an investigation and found that this is a problem across all LF projects that use groups.io.  Because of this we have decided to switch AGL calendar management to using the calendar functionality provided by groups.

Unfortunately, this means that you will see a number of emails inviting you to the same meetings that I sent out a few weeks ago.

Groups.io supports iCal and you can subscribe to the calendar like you did for the Google calendar. If you are not using Google as your main calendar provider you should see no issues.  The main limitation that we found is that Google does not do a good job of refreshing third-party calendar subscriptions.  There can be a 24 hour lag in updates to Google calendar subscriptions. (Note: In our experiments the updates are quickly reflected in the Groups.io feed and any lag can be controlled by changing how often you synch your calendar client with groups.io)

Thank you for patience.

Regards,
Walt

Walt Miner
AGL Community Manager
The Linux Foundation

Visit us at:

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#7802) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic