Re: AGL-weston - image imx8 issues with

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 14:27:17 +0530
Manivannan S <manizillion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Jose for your correction and responses, appreciate a lot,
> how could we solve this systemd issue ?

thinking about that, the files 'psplash-basic.service' and
'psplash-network.service' are not part of AGL, not part of psplash and
not part of poky. So you should check IMX BSP.

> Actually we are struggling to run a demo app with Afm-utils and we are
> following this document from iot bzh, AGL - Application Framework
> Documentation version 3.1. here we do see that afm-user-daemon is not
> running in background, image is created using bitbake
> agl-image-minimal with same distro, Can you share link where latest
> steps/document where you can install apps on the targel shell, if
> afm-user-daemon is not valid , then how to install APPS using DBUS
> API on the shell using afm-util commands ? dev/root available size is
> 28M. if afm-user-daemon is valid in our image, then can share us the
> steps to install it on the shell ? from the image it looks like
> afm-user-daemon is present but only afm-system-daemon process is
> running in background.
>
> When we run command we see the following error
>
> *imx8mqevk:~# afm-util install /media/afm-widget-examples/annex.wgt*
> *ERROR: failed [installation failed: Directory not empty]*

It should work. But I need more details. What AGL version do you use?
master? HH? GG?

> How to run these example widget files on imx8 ?
> AGL minimal image size is 260 MB, can we run some HMI apps  like
> opengl or qt on it, will it support it ?

I'm not familiar with agl-image-minimal. Most of issues previously
encountered were about integration with windowmanager,
ivi-wayland-extension and homescreen. I can not tell how it is also the
case with agl-image-minimal. But with agl-image-minimal, you probably
dont have any web-runtime. So installing annexe that need it is just
for testing installation.

Wayland/weston comes with examples that you can try to ship in widgets
using the mime-type application/x-executable

Best regards
José