BLE / iBeacon

Hi everyone,

my name is Patrick and I'm from Reutingen University in Germany. My project-team and I want to participate in the AGL-project. We are currently developing a smart parking system that, amongst others, has the feature to help people find rides to and from university and reward the usage of such rides. To check if a person has actually participated in a ride we want to extend our smartphone-app with the functionality of communicating with iBeacons.

Our idea was to work on an implmentation to use an AGL-device as an iBeacon-sender, which then would advertise iBeacon-packages to the participants smartphone to identify the ride of a specific user. The iBeacon protocol requires a stable Bluetooth Low Energy-implementation. In the AGL-Roadmap for 2019 I found an entry that points out that there already is the idea of a BLE-implementation.

Regarding this finding I now want to ask wheter someone could tell me about the current progress of the BLE-task. Moreover I'd be very glad to hear some thoughts on the whole iBeacon-idea.

Thank you in advance,

Patrick