Re: AGL / NFS

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
i'm gonna try netboot
vahid

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Stephane Desneux <stephane.desneux@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Vahid,

No, you can't use NFS because extended attributes are not handled at filesystem
level but they are required to use SMACK.

That's why we added support for netboot through NBD (network block device at
kernel level, filesystem agnostic).

The goal is to have the rootfs mounted on a device named /dev/nbd0. On server
side, a daemon is responsible for pushing the required blocks.

The chain is something like this:

    [--------- target ----------]                        [----- server ------]

ext4 FS -> block device (nbd0) -> nbd-client --(tcp)--> nbd-server -> ext4 image

To enable the NBD feature, you'll have to add the 'agl-netboot' feature at
aglsetup time.

Check this README:

https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl/tree/meta-netboot/README

You can also find an example script to be run on server side (it's suited for
the AGL docker container which is a debian):

https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/docker-worker-generator/tree/INSTALL/tools/scripts_netboot/run_xnbd_server

Hope this helps.
---
Stephane Desneux - CTO - IoT.bzh