Re: Guppy - How to create a new audio role

Hello,

You should not create a new role, but instead use the multimedia role and blame the app that does not release it when it should.

The whole point of all this layer is to manage permissions and priorities so that you don't mix every audio stream into an audio mess that no one can understand.

If you really really want your own role for debugging purposes, then you are half the way down.

You have to create a "stream", which is what you've done. A stream will translate to an alsa sink.

Then you have to create a role and bind it to your stream.

See https://docs.iot.bzh/docs/en/master/apis_services/reference/audio/high-level-api/README.html

---
Regards,
Loïc Collignon [IoT.bzh]