Re: Connecting the audio interface using the BSA Bluetooth Stack

Thank you for your advice. Thierry.

I will proceed as advised. :D

2019년 5월 28일 (화) 오후 6:19, Thierry Bultel <thierry.bultel@xxxxxxx>님이 작성:
Hi Kim,

The AGL audio stack uses bluez-alsa (https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa)
that is designed to interface to bluez and ofono (basically, with a communication libraries and dbus events)

In 4a-hal-generic, there is a bluez-alsa audio plugin:
(see https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=src/4a-hal-generic.git;a=tree;f=plugins/lib/bluealsa;h=f52c15fdf412926d4da913a3fcb812d5380beae9;hb=HEAD)

that makes the glue between the incoming a2dp/hfp (aka sco) transports, and the audio streams that the 4a-softmixer must handle.
bluez-alsa implements alsa-pcm plugins that are then opened by the softmixer, with the transport information as
parameters.

IMHO, the best design approach, I mean, the one that would impact less layers, would be to write a BSA plugin in the 4a-hal-generic.
The condition is obviously that the BSA stack provides Alsa PCM, else, you will also have to write them.

The agl-service-bluetooth is not aware of the audio streams, its role is basically to handle the connectivity.

Hope this helps,
Thierry