Quesitons about Raspberry Pi usb sound card

Hi,all

This mail is about Raspberry Pi 3B/B+'s Mediaplayer, Mixer,sound card and 4A.

As a known issue, Raspberry Pi's onboard sound card can't work with AGL.

So I test with a USB dongle audio apapter.

And I got some problems. I will try to describe in short. Thanks.

Test Enviroment:

-Board: RPI 3B+

-AGL: Guppy 7.0.2

-USB sound card: ID 1b3f:2008 Generalplus Technology Inc.

(according to https://learn.adafruit.com/usb-audio-cards-with-a-raspberry-pi/generalplus, this card works fine with RPI original os)

Setting Process:

- insert usb sound card

- $aplay -l # to get card no and device no

card 1: Device [USB Audio Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

    Subdevices: 1/1

    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

- $vi /etc/asound.conf  # add below words to specify usb sound card as default

defaults.pcm.card 1

defaults.pcm.device 0

defaults.ctl.card 1

- $speaker-test #  i did get the noise

Problem I:

When startup Mixer, i only get a black sceen with side bars.

raspberrypi3:~# 4a-status

---- Audio cards detected ----

card 0: Loopback

card 1: Device

card 3: ALSA

card 4: vc4hdmi

---- snd-aloop driver availability ----

zcat: /proc/config.gz: No such file or directory

WARNING: Not built into the kernel, devices order can randomly change!

zcat: /proc/config.gz: No such file or directory

ERROR: snd-aloop is not provided at all, 4a-softmixer can't work!

---- 4a service status ----

SUCCESS: Service is currently running!

To elimate the above error,

~# modprobe configs

then “4a-status" again, report all success with no error and warning.

But this do no effect to invoke the Mixer bars.

Problem II:

- Mediaplayer can only play aac, can not play mp3,ogg,wav

- Mediaplayer can oly play aac once when system power-on, no longer play any more. no log in /var/log/messages.

BR

Li

Li Xiaoming

Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)

No. 6 Wenzhu Road, Nanjing, 210012, China

TEL:+86+25-86630566-9416

Emaillixm.fnst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx