Jira tags in gerrit reviews

Ideally all gerrit reviews will have one or more Jira issues tagged in the commit message.  Doing this provides a few benefits to everyone.  It allows us to check easily check if a patch needs to be cherry picked to another branch (e.g., a fix on guppy that should be added to master or vice-versa).  It also allows for better release notes since a quick search can be performed in Jira by release.

A quick sampling of gerrit reviews this morning showed that about half of them do not have a Jira issue tagged. Here is an example of a properly formatted commit message.

https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/21086/

Starting on Monday I will add a -1 to any reviews that I find without a Jira issue tagged in the commit message.

Regards,
Walt

--
Walt Miner