Microphone is Not Connected (on screen)

I have a 2018 Toyota Camry XLE.
About every 3 days when I start the car I get the message: Microphone is Not Connected
resulting in not being able to make or receive cell phone calls through the car.
Apparently the Microphone still works as other commands seemed to be recognized.

Typically, turning off the engine and restarting the car (reboot AGL) will restore normal operation and
my cell phone calling through the car then works.   Toyota dealer has had the car in the ship for many days
trying to fix this.  Prior to their efforts I would often have failures that lasted 2 or 3 days before the issue on
startup would work again.

I have taken my car into the Toyota dealer with this complaint multiple time and left it sometimes overnight.
They have reloaded all the software with no positive results.
Once they disconnected the battery and now when the problem occurs I just restart the car and it works so prior the
2 or 3 days of the problem appearing is now not happening which is good.   They dealer has been in contact with
the Toyota factory support over this but with no resolution.  They don't know what to do and are no longer
even responding to my emails or calls.

On the off chance that some weird intermittent interaction with the Bluetooth on the phone was happening
I decided to turn off Bluetooth and/or leave the cell phone home but I still got the message on the screen.

I am somewhat convinced that some kind of timing issue exists in the hardware detection software at boot might be the cause.
This smells like a software problem to me.

Anyone have thoughts that might help would be most welcome.  Has anyone else experienced this ?

Cheers,
Bob