From: Fulup Ar Foll <fulup.arfoll@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:01:33 PM
To: Shufro, Eric; Sachin Gwasikoti; automotive-discussions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Project Ideas for AGL

The problem is not so much the transport protocol, but more the discovery, the security, Posix dependencies, ....

On 10/04/2019 12:00, Shufro, Eric wrote:
One possibility would be to use Google proto buffers over SLIP.  Lots of ideas in this space but free few implementations. I tried experimenting with MIN (oss IPC stack) but it didn't meet the great with respect to robustness; but most of the sauce was available to look at. I also tried LWIP but this has serious issues with regard to traffic prioritization and overhead, both could, member and packet, but it sure is tempting to use udp and or TCP to enable security and toe in with sockets on the remote host.