Re: Project Ideas for AGL

Hello Sachin,
Welcome to AGL. A couple of questions about your interest in AGL.  What hardware platform are you thinking of using for development?  Can you attend the Tuesday weekly developer call?  It might be good to hear what people are currently working on and what issues we might need help with. Also you could introduce yourself and let people know what you are interested in working on.

Off the top of my head, a couple of idea come to mind. If there is a particular application or AGL service binder that is interesting to you we need a help expanding the test suites of many of the AGL components.   You could start by trying to run through some of the test cases and add to the the test cases as well the application where there are missing features.  I also think we need to expand our usage of AGL services by multiple clients. So you could think about writing a new application that combines data from multiple services that are already used in a an existing application.  We also need to develop an input manager so we can accept inputs from external sources (steering wheel controls or center stack).  Maybe you could create a simulator for those types of devices (Raspberry Pi based if we don't have real hardware) that allows us to change the volume or temperature level from the external device.  We could talk through any of these idea during the dev call or via email.

Regards,
Walt