This Week in AGL #21

It is the Ides of March and the developer newsletter is back after a lengthy hiatus!  This is issue number twenty-one of the weekly AGL newsletter highlighting work going on around the AGL Community. The plan is to return to the weekly delivery timing designed to be in our inbox before Monday morning so you can see what meetings are being held in the coming week.  Feedback and comments are welcome. wminer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

Walt

Twitter:@VStarWalt

Highlights

1)     The new Instrument Cluster Expert Group met again this week. There is an instrument cluster demo that you can build with the Grumpy Guppy release.  The IC EG wants to make this starting point a launch pad for instrument cluster and HUD projects in the near future. Meanwhile, need OEM and Tier One members to join the group so we can gather requirements for this project. Contact me or join the next expert group meeting if you want to contribute. https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/eg-ic

2)     Last we week held our All-Member Meeting in Tokyo. We held some great discussions on Thursday with the SAT and a number of Expert Groups. Meeting minutes can be found here https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/agl-distro/mar2019-f2f,  This week we held a great follow up meeting with the System Architecture team. See https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/agl-sat-meetings#march_14_2019for details.

3)     Our next big event is Automotive Linux Summit being held in conjunction with Open Source Summit Japan on July 17-19 in Tokyo. The deadline to submit a CFP is March 24. https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/automotive-linux-summit-2019/program/cfp/

4)     Our next F2F meeting will be held at Igalia’s office in Coruna, Spain on May 7 – 9.  Sign up on the wiki if you plan to make it. A lot of important topics are on the agenda. https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/agl-distro/may2019-f2f

 5)     The next two weeks we should see two patch releases 6.0.5 on flounder and 7.0.1 on guppy. Look for announcements on the mail list. Meanwhile, we are finishing the uprev to Yocto 2.6 (thud branch) on master in the next few weeks as well. Ideally most users should switch to guppy once 7.0.1 hits the streets.

This week’s meetings:

Monday

13:00 UTC – Graphics and UI Expert Group

Conference Info: https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/eg-ui-graphics#weekly_call

Tuesday

12:00 pm UTC - Continuous Integration and Test Expert Group.

Details at https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/eg-ciat/meetings

13:00 UTC - Weekly developer call

Open to anyone with questions about AGL code or issues they may be having.

Conference Info: https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/dev-call-info

Wednesday

13:00 UTC – Speech Expert Group

Conference Info: https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/eg-speech#meetings