From: developers-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:developers-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:43 AM
To: "wenlong zheng(鄭 文龍)"; 大岩 敏和/TOSHIKAZU OHIWA
Cc: automotive-discussions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Regarding the demo shown at CES 2019

Hi Zheng-san,Ohiwa-san

>→Based on server-static.js, just change video_path to pipe file.
Regarding the above, we have investigated it in details.
The below is the details. Please tell us what you think about our questions.

■For server-static.js
We have specified pipe(/storage/video_stream_pipe) as video_path of server-static.js, but
the following error showed up.

[Error details]
 Error: throttle rate must be a positive number
  at new ThrottleGroup (/storage/h264-live-player/node_modules/stream-throttle/src/throttle.js:54:15)
  at new Throttle (/storage/h264-live-player/node_modules/stream-throttle/src/throttle.js:14:17)
  at StaticFeed.get_feed (/storage/h264-live-player/lib/static.js:30:34)
  at StaticFeed.start_feed (/storage/h264-live-player/lib/_server.js:32:27)
  at WebSocket.<anonymous> (/storage/h264-live-player/lib/_server.js:74:14)
  at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
  at WebSocket.emit (events.js:194:7)
  at Receiver.ontext (/storage/h264-live-player/node_modules/ws/lib/WebSocket.js:816:10)
  at /storage/h264-live-player/node_modules/ws/lib/Receiver.js:477:18
  at /storage/h264-live-player/node_modules/ws/lib/Receiver.js:361:7

[Location of the error]
 ●filename: h264-live-player\lib\static.js
  get_feed() {
   var source = this.options.video_path; // source = /storage/video_stream_pipe

   //throttle for "real time simulation"
   var sourceThrottleRate = Math.floor(fs.statSync(source)['size'] / this.options.video_duration);
   console.log("Generate a throttle rate of %s kBps", Math.floor(sourceThrottleRate/1024));

   var readStream = fs.createReadStream(source);
   readStream = readStream.pipe(new Throttle({rate: sourceThrottleRate})); ★ Error!!

   console.log("Generate a static feed from ", source);
   return readStream;
  }

We have investigated the error by inserting the logging and found that sourceThrottleRate becomes 0 since fs.statSync(source)['size'] became 0.
Then this leads to the error.The file size of video_stream_pipe becomes 0.

If it is a specific file (ex. XXX.mp4), the sourceThrottleRate can be calculated by dividing the play time.
If pipe is specified, we don't think we can get the correct value, and we think this leads to the phenomenon.

 [Question 1]
  For this phenomenon, how did you resolve it ?

 [Question 2]
  What value did you specify for sourceThrottleRate ?

 [Question 3]
  What value did you specify for VideoStreamingParamter setting(*1) of SDL sent from smartphone apps ?

  (※1) The implementation example
     private VideoStreamingParameters mVideoStreamingParameters = new VideoStreamingParameters();
      mVideoStreamingParameters.setBitrate(512000);
      mVideoStreamingParameters.setDisplayDensity(240);
      mVideoStreamingParameters.setFrameRate(30);
      mVideoStreamingParameters.setInterval(5);
      mVideoStreamingParameters.setFormat(new VideoStreamingFormat(VideoStreamingCodec.H264, VideoStreamingProtocol.RAW));
      ImageResolution iImageResolution = new ImageResolution();
      iImageResolution.setResolutionHeight(1920);
      iImageResolution.setResolutionWidth(1080);
      mVideoStreamingParameters.setResolution(iImageResolution);

      proxy.startRemoteDisplayStream(getApplicationContext(), TestSDLPresentation.class, mVideoStreamingParameters, false);

 [Question 4]
  >For the No.2,
  >It is using the navigation image from the smartphone by using SDL.

   Does that mean it is streaming the navigation image sent from smartphone ?
   What kinds of navi apps did you use in the smartphone ?
   (Is it open to the public?)

  Also, regarding the demo at CES 2019, which version of AGL was used for its development ?

Regards,
Kikugawa