Guider Project: a system-wide performance analyzer

Happy new year!

I have been developing a new performance analysis tool since 2015.

It named guider and it’s source code and documents are located in https://github.com/iipeace/guider.

Guider collects system data by itself and reports a variety of meaningful stats related to resource, event, status.

It will help developers who faced complex performance issues to find the root cause and to resolve the problem.

In general, it is recommended that the analysis proceed in the order of system-wide analysis using top commands,

specific process/thread analysis using record commands, function analysis using funcrecord commands.

I think we can also replace many current performance tools with it to get the summarized report for system analysis at once.

The tool requires the only python for most commands and need specific kernel configuration to trace user-level functions.

It also offers PIP installation and the OE recipe for yocto-based build system.

For more information, please refer to https://iipeace.github.io/docs/guider.html and check examples with help commands.

Best regards,

Peace Lee

Senior Research Engineer