Re: keyboard input not working

Hi Henrique,

I've also been playing with the USB keyboard using Flounder (on an M3).

The first problem I found was that the weston layers had pointer input focus, but were not getting keyboard focus.  I could manually change this via the shell using:

# figure out what surfaces exist and figure out which one you care about

LayerManagerControl get input focus

# then add keyboard focus to one or more surfaces

LayerManagerControl set surfaces 1 input focus keyboard

After this my app gets the keyboard events and can display keyboard focus (i.e. text boxes are highlighted).

However, the key events are screwed up, and seem to be sending the raw X11 keycodes to my Qt app.  For example, I get key event for shift keys, the letter "A" comes in as 38 decimal for both shifted and not, and space bar sends a 65.

I did a bit of digging to try to figure out how to fix this, but didn't get far.  Instead I'm just handling the raw keycodes, as that works for my use case of simulating hardware buttons.  But obviously it doesn't work if you're trying to type anything.

Hope that helps you get further, and I'd be interested in anything else you figure out.

Jason.