USB keyboard support

Hello,

I'm trying to use a USB keyboard for development prototyping, where I could use the keys to mock-up steering wheel controls (and other CAN input buttons).

On my M3 board I've got the keyboard connected and eventually figured out how to get the Wayland IVI to support keyboard focus for my app and layer (using "LayerManagerControl set surfaces 1 input focus keyboard").

So now I've got key events being delivered to my QT app, but they are not the ASCII-like key codes, but raw X11 key codes.  For example, if I press "a" I get XKeycode of 38, and if I press shift-A, I get the key codes for 50, then 38.  How do I get my app to get the key sym and Qt.Key compatible codes?

Does anyone know why this is happening, and why the key event codes are not correct?  Suggestions of how to make this work?

thanks

Jason Reich.